Strong Verbs to Use in Application Documents
Are you feeling frustrated by choosing words for your resume, CV, or cover letter? One of the most important elements of a strong application is the verbs you use to describe your experiences and achievements in prior job positions, academic courses, and extra-curricular activities.
Verbs often lead bulleted items, and leading verbs are also called “power verbs.” Using strong verbs and varying them in your lists (i.e., not using the same verb multiple times in the same section) can portray your skills and abilities more effectively than using everyday terms.
For instance, instead of writing “Met with 100 clients per day,” you might consider writing “Consulted with 100 clients daily.” Using more powerful verbs conveys professionalism and ambition–after all, a CV, resume, or cover letter is all about selling yourself as the ideal candidate for a position.
When writing your application document, consider using these 100 useful words to create maximum impact with your future employer or university hiring committee.
You write it, we right it!
Wordvice provides high-quality admissions editing services and proofreading services for all kinds of academic, admissions, and business documents. We have helped thousands of students, and businesses. Our editors are native English speakers from the U.S. and U.K. Our expert editors have more than 5 years’ average experience in editing and hold advanced degrees (Master’s degree/ PhD) from leading universities.
We correct grammatical errors and spelling mistakes in your document and provide insightful critiques. Our editors will help you create a winning personal brand that makes a powerful case for your admission.
Let Wordvice enhance your writing and maximize your impact at an affordable price.
- Sample Graduate CV for Academic and Research Positions
- How to Write a Research Paper Introduction
- Writing the Results Section of a Research Paper
- Which Verb Tenses to Use in a Research Paper
- How to Write an Abstract for a Research Paper
- How to Write a Research Paper Title
- Useful Phrases for Academic Writing
- Common Transition Terms in Academic Papers
- Active and Passive Voice in Research Papers
- 100+ Verbs That Will Make Your Research Writing Amazing