What is the Chevening Scholarship?
Chevening Scholarship 2024-2025 is a fully funded master’s scholarship specifically for international students. The Chevening Scholarship includes university tuition fees, an economy class return airfare to the UK, a monthly living stipend, and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenses.
Since 1983, Chevening has brought over 50,000 exceptional professionals from around the world to study in the UK through scholarships and fellowships funded by the UK government. This unique opportunity has helped to elevate careers, transform communities, shift and deepen perspectives, and build intercontinental bridges.
Find awards in your country or territory
Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from all over the world to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
What is included in the Chevening scholarship?
As Chevening Scholarships are fully funded, your award includes the following:
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Who can apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be able to apply in and speak/write in English
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree
- Have at least two years of work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 2023
- Applications open in August 2023.
- Apply for the Chevening Scholarship by 2 November 2023.
Eligible types of work experience
The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening can include:
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
You do not need to meet the work experience requirement in one period of employment. Applicants can submit up to ten different employment periods in order to meet the requirement. If you have held more than ten positions then please enter the periods which make up the greatest number of hours worked.
How to calculate your work experience for the Chevening Scholarship
The minimum number of hours an applicant must have before applying for a Chevening Scholarship is as follows:
- Chevening Scholarships – two years’ work experience = 2,800 hours
English Language Tests
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS (overall score of 6.5)
- Pearson PTE Academic (overall score of 58)
- TOEFL iBT (overall score of 79)
- C1 Advanced (overall score of 176)
- Trinity ISE II (B2) (overall pass)
Chevening Scholarship 2024/2025 Important Dates
|Chevening Scholarship application start date||August 2, 2023|
|Last date to apply for Chevening Scholarship||November 1, 2023|
|Applications evaluated against eligibility criteria||Mid-November to December 2023|
|Applications shortlisted for interviews.||Early to mid-February, 2024|
|Dates to submit references and educational documents||February to late April 2024|
|Interview round for Chevening Scholarship||February 27 to April 28, 2024|
|Chevening Scholarship 2024 result announcement||June 2024|
|Last date to accept Chevening Scholarship 2024 offer||July 13, 2024|
|Course in UK begins from||September and October 2024|
*** Applications for Chevening Scholarships to study in the UK in 2024/2025 are open until 2 November 2023.
Chevening Scholarship Interview Schedule
The global interview period for 2024/2025 Chevening Scholarships will run from 27 February to 28 April 2024.
Prior to attending your interview, in February 2024, you will be asked to upload the following documents to the online application system:
- Education documents (copies of your certificates and/or transcripts)
- Two reference letters
- A short biography that tells us more about you
You will need the following documents to take to your interview:
- Passport/national ID
Additional documents may be requested in some countries. You will be informed about this in the email inviting you to interview.
Wordvice provides high-quality English proofreading and editing services. We have helped thousands of researchers, students, writers, and businesses maximize the impact of their writing.
Wordvice’s Essay Editing Services are designed specifically for college and university application essays. Our admissions experts not only edit for grammar, spelling, mechanics, and natural flow of communication, but also provide substantive comments about organization, content, transitions, and other language issues.